The Sanctuary is an emergency crash-bed program that gives homeless individuals a safe and secure place to rest and sleep at night. Our staff is ready to welcome and assist anyone coming into the Sanctuary for much-needed comfort, warmth and safety.
Located at 875 Ouellette our new dorms offer beds, blankets, a hot shower and dignity for our guest. Showers and facilities are fully accessible to accommodate anyone needing a shower, with towels, shampoo and soap provided.
The Sanctuary is open from 9:00pm to 7:00am. In the morning everyone will receive breakfast & coffee at 664 Victoria.
- If you need to get out of the cold, we provide:
A safe, warm place of sanctuary
- Shower facilities, and a morning coffee and snack
- Compassionate, non-judgemental staff
What to expect:
- Please arrive between 9:00 pm and 2 am.
- Both men and women are welcome.
- We ask only your name and age. No ID required.
- You are welcome even if you are suspended from the Mission’s day programs or from other agencies’ programs.
- We don’t share your name with any government department (e.g., welfare or disability).
Hygiene Items & Showers
These items are available in limited supply thanks to generous donations. The Mission provides deodorant, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brushes upon request.
Roxanne from Salon 586 provides free hair cuts the first Monday of each month here at the Mission by appointment, free of charge.